The Healthcare Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (HIDE) organisation aims to influence all organisations to advance inclusion, diversity and equity within the workplace by working together. The HIDE Pledge outlines a specific set of actions the undersigned organisations will take to cultivate a trusting environment where all ideas are welcomed, and employees feel comfortable and empowered to discuss inclusion, diversity and equity.
All the signatories serve as Champions of their organisations are committed to implementing the following pledge within their workplaces. All the signatories serve as Champions of their organisations are committed to implementing the following pledge within their workplaces. HIDE would play a critical role in ensuring that inclusion, diversity and equity are core to our workplace culture and that organisations are representative of the communities we serve. Moreover, numerous studies have shown that inclusion, diversity and equity improve corporate performance, drives growth and enhances employee engagement.
HIDE recognise that inclusion diversity and equity are multi-faceted matters and the approach to manage must be holistically to better engage and support all underrepresented groups. To do this, we believe we also need to address honestly and head-on the concerns and needs of diverse staff and increase equity for all. For us, this means committing to three initial goals that we hope will provide a fertile environment for conversation and visible action within the workplace. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
My Organisation Pledge to:
1. We will continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about inclusion, diversity and equity: We will deliberately create and maintain environments, platforms, and forums where black, Asian, and minority ethnic staff feel comfortable reaching out to their colleagues to gain greater awareness of each other's experiences and perspectives. By encouraging an ongoing dialogue and not tolerating any in congruence with these values of openness, we are building stronger working relationships, respect, understanding of cultural differences and values, trust, encouraging compassion and open-mindedness, and reinforcing our commitment to a culture of inclusiveness.
2. We will implement and expand unconscious bias education: Studies have shown that we all have unconscious biases – which is human nature. However unconscious biases can seriously undermined and destroy the confidence of Black, Asian, and Minority ethnic staff. Unconscious bias education enables individuals to begin recognising, acknowledging, and therefore curtailing any potential prejudices he or she might have, but wasn’t aware of previously. We will commit to expanding unconscious bias education through workshops to facilitate more open and honest conversations. *HIDE can provide training and support
3. We will share best—and unsuccessful—practices
4. We will commit to helping each department within our organisation evolve and enhance their current diversity strategies and encourage them, in turn, to share their successes and challenges with others. *HIDE has many established strategies, programs and initiatives around diversity and inclusion.
5. We also pledge to create accountability systems within our organisation to track our own progress and to share regular updates with each other to monitor and learn from effective programs and measurement practices. We believe that by sharing and learning with each other, we can strengthen our existing programs and commitments to better serve our employees and society.
6. Recruiting fairly and from as wide a base as possible and encouraging Black, Asian and ethnic minorities candidates the opportunity to apply, be interviewed in a non-bias setting which recognise diversity of dress, speech, tone, mannerisms and rejections. This include equal opportunities in your recruitment practices and actively support under-represented groups to enter the labour market/ take up volunteering opportunities if possible.
Publicise signing up to the HIDE Pledge
The Healthcare Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (HIDE) organisation recognise that these six commitments are not the complete solution, but we believe they are important, actual steps toward building more friendly, comfortable, innovative and healthy workplaces. We hope our list of signatories will grow, and we invite other CEO s across the UK and Ireland to join us.
Contact us email@example.com
Let us join together to make good on numerous government reviews, audits and reports, the inherent promise is that all black, Asian, and minority ethnic staff should be able to bring their best selves to work and unleash their full potential. By working together toward inclusion, diversity and equity within our workplaces, educational sectors, and broader business community, we can cultivate meaningful change for the betterment of our society. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent Examples of Actions: